Electrical Operator Supervisor Training – Online
In Partnership with:
The Distribution Electrical Operator Supervisor training program is now offered online in a new E-Learning format. The Supervisor in training is provided a personal ID and password to access the material. The participant is required to complete this self-study workplace program and successfully pass the final test, conducted and supervised at their work location. Successful completion of the course, along with completion of a recognized course in supervision, is required to receive the Electrical Operator Supervisor certificate.
The self-study website makes use of images, diagrams, supplemental learning material and self-checks to ensure the learning objectives are achieved. This allows participants to study at their own pace, learn the unique aspect of their utility's equipment and benefit from the support of mentors and subject matter experts. All course materials are conveniently accessible online. The program includes the following topics:
- The Electrical Power System (transmission and operation of the integrated power system)
- Electrical Fundamentals and Theory
- Fundamentals of the Distribution System
- Primary Distribution Systems (Dual Element Spot Networks, DESN)
- Secondary Distribution System (including smart metering network info and revenue metering)
- Transformers (construction components), switching and isolating devices
- Distribution System Protection (electronic, network protector and under voltage relays)
- Voltage Control
- Communication, Control and Automation Equipment
- Normal and Emergency Operation
- Service Interruptions
- The Operator's Role
Must be employed by a local Electricity Distribution Company.
The successful completion of this session and final exam, combined with the completion of an approved leadership course for supervisors, entitles the participant to The MEARIE Group’s Certificate for registration as an Electrical Operator Supervisor.
NOTE: This program is offered online. Applicants may register at anytime.
Course Dates and Registration:
$4,865 + HST
$5,125 + HST (2020)
Approximately four weeks of concentrated effort by the participant at their work location and online study, and completion of an approved course in Supervision.
Self-study and final testing at participant's work location.