Comprehensive Liability Insurance
In response to the commercial market's province-wide liability crisis in the mid 1980s, MEARIE was formed to offer liability insurance to the electricity distribution industry.
Do you require an insurance certificate or proof of insurance? Please complete this form and submit to email@example.com.
The Program has become more sophisticated over the years with expanding coverage, services and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of its customers. With the capacity to offer increased liability limits if required, the MEARIE Comprehensive Liability Policy is truly remarkable since its standard $24,000,000 per occurrence limit of liability with a no deductible feature is inclusive of:
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Personal Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Tenant's Legal Liability
- Environmental Impairment Liability
- Directors and Officers Errors and Omissions Liability
The standard policy also includes:
- Occupational Health & Safety expenses - coverage limited to $400,000 per occurrence
- Legal Expense Reimbursement - coverage limited to $400,000
- Coverage with respect to claims related to terrorism - coverage limited to $10,000,000
- Non-Owned automobile liability coverage
MEARIE will expand its $24,000,000 coverage by offering an Enhanced Directors and Officers endorsement that includes:
- Enhanced Directors and Officers Liability
- Corporate Reimbursement
- Employment Practices Liability
- Benefits Administration Liability
- Outside Directors Liability
For more information on The MEARIE Group's Comprehensive Liability Insurance Program, please contact Gary Durie, Manager, Risk Management & Underwriting Services at 1.800.668.9979 extension 5355.