Effective Communication - Virtual
In Partnership with:
While there are an increasing number of communication methods form which to choose, the art of clear and effective communication seems even more difficult to master. Communicating well is a skill - one that is increasingly valued by organizations. Effective communication saves time and money, and eliminates the risk of mistakes.
This course will help develop your communication skills. Learn how to:
- Reduce lost time and effort caused by miscommunication and misunderstanding
- Communicate challenging and complex issues effectively
- Target messages to different audiences
- Ensure our communications have the desired impact on our audiences
This course includes interactive learning modules, examples of "good" and "poor" presentations and reference workbooks & teaching resources. The three modules include:
• Understanding and working with human communication styles - the ASK (Auditory, Sight, Kinesthetic) principle
• Developing core messages to suit different styles
• Choosing the right method of communication
• Good rules for when to go face-to-face and when not to: The 8 P's Principle
• Five rules for very strong business writing (active writing, writing tight, the verb-noun syndrome, etc)
• Professional use of the email medium: style, tone, content, protocols, manners
This course is offered virtually. Pre-work will be provided and must be completed in advance of the session.
This course qualifies for 6.5 hours of CPD with HRPA upon successful completion.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who needs to improve their communication skills
$ 525 + HST
Includes materials and assessment tools