Marketing & Sales Training
In Partnership with:
This program is designed to provide the fundamental principles of marketing and selling to core teams within your LDC. Learn the importance of the marketing mindset and a customer centric culture. This course is particularly useful for CDM and Affiliate service providers. Participants will learn:
- What marketing is and is not
- Core differences between marketing and sales and how they work together
- 10 fundamental principles of marketing that need to be in place in your LDC
- The Unique Point of Difference and how it applies to every product/service you offer
- How to position your products and services in the minds of the consumer
- Market segmentation techniques- and selling into those segments
- The critical skill of pricing and its role in market growth
- Some key principles of messaging, advertising, promotion
- When and how to build a marketing team- and when to get outside help
- What to do next to build market capacity.
The following topics will be covered:
- Some simple, applicable definitions of marketing
- Understanding what needs and wants really mean – and how to use this
- The seven core tools of a marketing program: Product, Price, Position, Place, Promote, Produce, Package – and how to make them work for you
- Differentiating your products on quality, price, niche or distribution
- What market segmentation means and how to do it
- Telling your story – use of traditional and social media, other promotional techniques
- Who you need on your marketing team and where to find them
- Developing a simple, one page marketing plan and moving forward with it.
Who Should Attend?
This one-day course is designed for senior leadership within the Ontario electric utility sector.
Call for a quote: 905-265-5300