Effective Leadership Skills for Supervisors Technical & Trades
Participants [i.e. Supervisors/Managers,] will be presented with the skills, best practices, and knowledge to improve and manage work place responsibilities and define accountabilities for supervisory roles, through proven strategies with work related examples.
- Explain the fundamentals of supervisory levels and roles within the organization.
- Define employees, team structures, and strategies for motivating staff.
- Discuss the benefits and channels of effective communication pertaining to your organization and the business.
- Describe utility processes for key areas in performance, expectations, and accountabilities for Lead Hands, Supervisors, Managers, and Executives with projects and work teams.
- Discuss and Define the important components of a “Tailboard Talk Sheet”, site and hazards assessments, and a strong Health and Safety system to address “due diligence” accountabilities within a utility.
- Interpret and explain skills to effectively deal within a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Recognize the importance and usage of Time and Stress Management techniques with focus into specific areas of improvements.
- Construct an effective job and business model to deal with short term and long term goals including projects.
- Recognize key components of an effective supervisor, the acquisition of leadership, authority, and responsibility, with the development of an effective approach.
- Fundamentals of Supervision Levels
- Strategies of Team Motivation – needs, behaviours, positive and negative reinforcements
- Effective Communication and Documentation – active listening, powerful speaking, positive intent, compass communications in all directions [360* approach], non-verbal, powerful questions, technology
- Action planning and deliveries
- Assigned Duties Management – Health and Safety, Project Planning, Working within a CBA,
- Establishing Effective Leadership – establish model types, authority and responsibility
- Inclusive Leadership Styles / Resilient Leadership Styles / Leading with Trust
- Performance Evaluations relating to team obligations and expectations
- Better understanding running your business – how it functions and your roles, effective meetings, delegating responsibility and work, Assessments Controls
- Passive, Aggressive, and assertive rights with responsibility
- Managing conflicts at work – action planning, tough conversations, support teamwork
- Generation bridging – people, communicating, and motivation
- Time and Stress Management – identify action areas of concern, focus on grounding and implementation skills
Work Shop Agendas:
- Topic Specific Case Studies
- Project Related Assignment
- Team Assignments
- Round Table Forum
- Support Teamwork
Who Should Attend?
Utility Supervisors, Department Managers and Front Line Supervisors
This course is also available on-site in a one-day format. Call for more information.
Participants should be in a supervisory capacity or be in training as a supervisor with specific duties and accountabilities where the supervision of staff is a key function of duties.
Course Dates and Registration:
$1,795 + HST (2018)
$1,895 + HST (2019)
Includes materials, lunch and breaks.
Novotel Hotel Training Facility
This course is available on-site at your location. Call for dates and special