Protection & Control Telecom Level 2 - NEW
In Partnership with:
This one-week course introduces the participant to IMUX Digital Teleprotection Systems. This course combines theoretical classroom discussion with practical laboratory exercises and hands on lab training.
The focus of this course is on Digital Telecommunication Equipment/Principles with the following topics:
- Digital communication principals
- Various alarm situations: end-to-end
- Troubleshooting and analysis
- Safe operating techniques when working around fibre circuits
- Navigating through visual NMS software
- RFL syntax commands VIA hyper-terminal
- Provisioning RFL IMUX equipment
- Digital SONET equipment
- Commissioning test plans and procedures
Students also learn the setup , care and use of:
- Fireberd 6000 Test Set
- VeEx Test Set
Lab exercises on IMUX structure consist of verifying system parameters, change settings and trouble shooting. Participants will also verify T1 data traffic integrity and carry out projects such as installing new digital channels for teleprotection and line differential protection. Participants will also explore different types of traffic such as analog and LAN, and how the data interface affects the existing SONET based teleprotection networks located within the two virtual stations of the Mississauga P&C Telecom lab.
Successful completion of Protection & Control Telecom Level 1.
June 21 - 25, 2021 OR August 16 - 20, 2021
$6,750 + HST includes materials, lunch and breaks
Mississauga P&C Training Centre